For 30 years, ICON has been the globally trusted partner for computational fluid dynamics engineering applications. Our on-premise and cloud-based CFD products and expert services offer OEMs, emerging disruptors and suppliers significant operational, commercial and competitive advantages. More accuracy, more speed, more flexibility, greater capacity and lower costs than the big software conglomerates.
ICON is currently seeking to recruit highly motivated and capable CFD/Aerodynamics professionals to be based in Charlotte, U.S. You will join a professional team, delivering to OEMs worldwide, with the opportunity to work at the forefront of CFD in close collaboration with other first-class application engineers and developers.
- Working with motorsport and automotive clients to formulate long and short-term solutions for CFD simulation workflows
- Perform support tasks for clients (aerodynamic analysis, problem solving)
- Presentation of updates and software enhancements to clients
- Geometry preparation and mesh generation
- Analysis and assessment of simulation results
- Comparison of simulation and experimental results
- Development, recording and reporting of best practices as required
- Delivery of consultancy projects
In this role, the successful candidate will be educated to MSc level in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering or a closely related discipline. Experience in the automotive or motorsport industry or the ability to show extensive transferrable skills would be an advantage. Strong interpersonal skills are essential. You will be able to work autonomously, managing your own workload and project deadlines and work as part of a team.
- Open Source and/or proprietary CFD software expertise
- Advanced Aerodynamics, Aeroacoustics and/or Thermal knowledge
- Excellent OpenFOAM®*/iconCFD knowledge and ideally some development experience
- Ability to work on a large range of topics including aerodynamics, aeroacoustics, FSI, UHTM
- Authorization and willingness to work in North Carolina
- Capability to routinely deliver high quality work on time to customer requirements
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering, programming and computer systems
- Python and Shell scripting
An attractive salary and benefits package are on offer for the right candidates.
Authorisation to work in the US is required.
ICON is an equal opportunities employer.
When applying please confirm the following:
Are you currently eligible to work legally in the US? Authorisation to work in the US is required.
Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment in the US?
* OpenFOAM® is a registered trade mark of ESI Group.
To apply for the position please use the form below.
"*" indicates required fields