Computational Fluid Dynamics in Building design and improvement
Building CFD simulation is the future in terms of building innovation, sustainability, performance and cost reduction. Better knowledge of patterns in air flow and distribution of temperature, pressure or pollutants in/around a building is critical. Whether for architecture, construction or systems engineering purposes, ICON’s computational fluid dynamics products and expert services deliver accurate information, fast. Our mission is also to make digital engineering less complex and less expensive for you.
Building Environment Improvements
Use of computational fluid dynamics in building design and improvement is about developing a competitive edge. It will also help you better assess requirements for LEED and BREEAM certification. As a leader in the delivery of unlimited CFD simulation for industry, ICON can help you analyse and deliver measurable building environment improvements in:
- Airflow inside and around buildings
- Air conditioning – heating/cooling
- Air velocity distribution
- Air change efficiency (age of room air)
- Building aerodynamics
- Wind loading on buildings
- Energy efficiency
- Fire hazards – smoke migration
- Humidity levels
- Hydraulic structure performance
- Natural and mechanical ventilation – solar radiation, stack ventilation and passive systems
- Pollutants – concentration and removal
- Rain deposition and management calculations and predictions
- Temperature distribution
- Tunnel, car park and subway station modelling – moving train meshing included, for example
- Virus transmission and dispersion (Airborne Transmission and Aerosol Dispersion – COVID-19)
- Wind shading calculations between existing buildings and predictions from new ones
We also provide CFD consulting, CFD training and CFD support services to help you resolve problems and increase independent capability.
Why not find out more?
In summary, ICON is a global expert and proven best choice for computational fluid dynamics design, construction and engineering applications. We offer a viable and trusted alternative to the big software vendors and conglomerates that gives you more accuracy, more speed, more flexibility, greater capacity and lower costs. Get in touch and find out more.
On-premise and cloud-based CFD products and expert services deliver significant operational, commercial and competitive advantages – fast, accurate, flexible, scalable and at substantially lower cost than the big software vendors and conglomerates.
- Global presence; offices in the UK/Europe, Americas and Asia
- 200+ people in broader group; 100+ of whom are CFD/CAE specialists
- The pioneers of unlimited, open source CFD technology for industry
- ICON engineers fully integrated into customers’ working environments
- A globally trusted, expert engineering partner to industry for over 30 years
If you would like more information or to talk to one of our experts, please contact us
World leading clients that trusted ICON