World class Computational Fluid Dynamics applications for developing a competitive edge
When it comes to the application of CFD in motorsports engineering, you firstly have a fundamental question to ask. What’s our ambition? Do we want to participate, to compete – or do we want to win? Assuming the latter, then you want something different to everyone else, something better that will give your team the edge and ideally, something that’s more cost effective too. In addition, you want something proven from someone you can trust.
iconCFD® motorsports engineering solutions can help your team to be first across the finish line. As a disruptor offering state-of-the-art CFD options, we are already helping motorsport teams to win races and championships.
As the pioneers of CFD use in industry and with over 30 years’ experience and expertise, you can also trust ICON to deliver. Having a former F1 trackside engineer as part of our CFD team certainly helps! In short, ICON offers digital motorsport engineering solutions that are better, faster, cheaper and easier. There’s no requirement to be locked in to an expensive, long-term contract either.
With iconCFD®, complex, multi-physics solutions become quicker, easier and cheaper than ever before. Unlimited HPC-cores, parallel runs and CFD users saves you both time and money. Most importantly, it enables unrestricted, cost-effective exploration of ideas and possibilities in early design phase. This will help you in terms of:
- General external aerodynamics analysis
- Maintaining down-force in overtaking scenarios
- Drafting scenarios with multiple cars, side wall and bank angle
- Handling a wide range of yaw configurations
- Managing brake cooling under extreme conditions
- Fast and easy modification of ride-height setups
- Reducing the drag coefficient at specific speeds
What are the applications’ features?
- Integration of your unique and specific requirements and scenarios
- Data sovereignty and frictionless exchange – your data under your control within one integrated process for your users. Methods also available as a Software-as-a-Service on cloud for flexibility and unlimited scalability
- Complete portfolio of simulations for motorsport related physics: aerodynamics with optional compressibility effect, thermal management including radiation and CHT, brakes cooling, cabin climate and water management
- Efficient optimization process based on fast advanced one-shot adjoint method or automated DoE approach
- Drafting and overtaking scenarios with relative movement of multiple vehicles.
- Highly productive interface for quick preparation of multiple cases including ride height setup with entire suspension adjustment.
- Fully automated workflow from CAD to advanced postprocessing. Ready for instant deployment in demanding motorsport environment.
In addition to software, we also provide CFD consulting, CFD training and CFD support services to help you resolve problems and increase independent capability.
ICON can help you deliver measurable improvements. Our mission is also to make CFD less complex and less expensive for you to use. With over 30 years’ experience and expertise, you can trust ICON to deliver.
Why not find out more?
In summary, ICON is a global expert and the preferred option for many in the motorsport industry. We offer a viable alternative to the big software conglomerates that gives you more accuracy, more speed, more flexibility, greater capacity and lower costs. Get in touch and find out more.
On-premise and cloud-based CFD products and expert services deliver significant operational, commercial and competitive advantages – fast, accurate, flexible, scalable and at substantially lower cost than the big software vendors and conglomerates.
- Global presence; offices in the UK/Europe, Americas and Asia
- 200+ people in broader group; 100+ of whom are CFD/CAE specialists
- The pioneers of unlimited, open source CFD technology for industry
- ICON engineers fully integrated into customers’ working environments
- A globally trusted, expert engineering partner to industry for over 30 years
If you would like more information or to talk to one of our experts, please contact us
World leading clients that trusted ICON