World-Class CFD for Aerospace Aerodynamics applications
For over 30 years, ICON Aerospace Aerodynamics CFD has been a trusted, proven option in the aerospace industry. Some of the world’s largest Aeronautical manufacturers and governmental space organisations have already discovered the huge difference ICON can make. With no requirement to be locked into expensive, long-term contracts and significant cost savings compared to many of the big conglomerates, it’s a good time to be talking to ICON.
The big difference is also that we are engineers first, not just expert coders with exceptional software. ICON engineers are fully integrated into the working environment of businesses through on-site support activities. This ensures that a broad knowledge of the technical objective of the analyses is also supported by experience of how new designs will be integrated within the aircraft development process as a whole. Not every CFD software provider is willing or able to do this.
The exceptional design, optimisation and evaluation capabilities ICON CFD options provide will help you deliver measurable improvements in aerospace aerodynamic performance. This includes the whole spectrum of factors including airframe, wing and blade design, aerofoils, propulsion system, environmental effects, landing gear, etc. Put simply though, the ability to reduce fuel consumption, reduce flight time, increase payloads, increase control, etc is good news from environmental, operational and financial perspectives.
Key features of ICON Aerospace Aerodynamics CFD
- Aerodynamics force coefficients and centre of balance
- Contour of Mach numbers (0.5-5), pressure coefficient, yPlus, wall shear stress, Q-criterion, etc
- Frequency response analysis
- Reduced time to results with automatic meshing and streamlined simulation processes for highly complex geometries
- High accuracy and validation of CFD against experimental results
- Steady and unsteady simulations including multiple RANS & DES turbulence models
- Multi-species and rotating frame modelling for a broader range of applications (supersonic jets for example)
- Automated post-processing features
- Established fully-automated end-to-end workflow ready for instant deployment in industrial environments
Why not find out more?
In summary, ICON is a global CFD expert and the preferred option for many companies. With CFD options that give you more accuracy, more speed, more flexibility, greater capacity and lower costs, it’s worth contacting us for more details.
Our on-premise and cloud-based CFD products and expert services deliver significant operational, commercial and competitive benefits for clients:
On-premise and cloud-based CFD products and expert services deliver significant operational, commercial and competitive advantages – fast, accurate, flexible, scalable and at substantially lower cost than the big software vendors and conglomerates.
- Global presence; offices in the UK/Europe, Americas and Asia
- 200+ people in broader group; 100+ of whom are CFD/CAE specialists
- The pioneers of unlimited, open source CFD technology for industry
- ICON engineers fully integrated into customers’ working environments
- A globally trusted, expert engineering partner to industry for over 30 years