Windsor, United Kingdom, May 26th 2011
A number of sectors within industry have already recognised the benefits to business of harnessing the power of open source CFD solving and understand both the commercial and technical advantages of using computer resources effectively, through a parallelized process, which includes meshing, solving and post-processing.
Often the limiting factor in the uptake of open source technologies is the lack of expert technical support for the whole modelling process – Icon offers this comprehensive support via their annual subscription service: ICON FOAMpro 2.0.
ICON FOAMpro 2.0 Service includes:
– Technical Assistance: User-support via web portal, telephone and email
– Documentation: On-line User Manual, Tutorial Cases and Icon Developer & Release Notes
– ICON FOAMpro GUI: A Windows/Linux-based interface for ease of simulation set up (Icon-licensed pre-processing tool)
– ICON FOAMpro MESH: A Linux-based Automatic Parallel Hex-Dominant Mesher (GPL-licensed)
– ICON FOAMpro CFD: Linux-based Parallel CFD solvers (GPL-licensed)
– ICON FOAMpro POST: Post processing set up capability and support for ICON FOAMpro analyses using ParaView® (Kitware open source-licensed). Support for proprietary-licensed post-processors is also available.
More details at: www.iconcfd.com/foampro
Details on Icon-organized International Conferences, Seminars and Training can be found at: www.opensourcecfd.com
About Icon Technology & Process Consulting Limited
ICON was established as a private limited company in May 1992. ICON’s strategy is as pertinent today as it was in 1992: to provide high-quality independent advice and expertise in process, technology and services.
ICON has extensive experience in the use proprietary software for CFD simulation and optimization together with expertise in developing and supporting open source CFD technologies. It supports customers from a variety of industries including aerospace, automotive, consumer goods, energy and processing sectors.
The company is head-quartered in Windsor, UK with further offices in Europe and the USA.
** ParaView® is a trade mark of Kitware, Inc.