ICON Social media
ICON uses social media to communicate information about its activities, initiatives, programmes, meetings, campaigns, training and engineering resources through a selection of widely used channels.
ICON social media accounts may be used for informational purposes only, and do not give professional advice, nor do they provide any other services. ICON social media platforms are not intended or recommended as a substitute for professional advice, methods or solutions. Information contained in or related to ICON social media accounts, networks or platforms are; not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity. Social media users interacting with ICON accounts shall be solely responsible for their own interpretation and application of any information gathered. Social media;
• should not influence seeking professional advice or consultation from qualified professionals from within ICON or otherwise;
• may not necessarily provide comprehensive, complete, accurate, suitable, valid, optimal, cognisant, up-to-date, or consistently available information;
• may sometimes link to external websites, accounts or platforms, over which ICON has no control and for which ICON assumes no responsibility, moreover such links may contain information not reflecting ICON endorsement;
• may sometimes be structured in files or formats that are not error-free, with no guarantee that services will not be affected.
Social media users are welcomed and encouraged to interact with or access information from ICON social media accounts, as long as these actions;
• do not create the impression or assumption that there is a connection with ICON, including representation, where this connection does not exist;
• do not lead to believe that the user benefits from the support, sponsorship, approval or consent of ICON, where this is not the case;
• are not made in connection with any objectives or activities which affects or is incompatible with the ICON scope, reputation, or its code of ethics;
• respect international standards and legislation on confidentiality and privacy, human rights and freedom of expression, copyrights and trademarks, including the use of the ICON logo.
By submitting or posting content to any ICON social media platforms, users understand and acknowledge that the information is available to the public, and that other participants may use this information beyond the control of ICON. We suggest that users exercise caution when posting on any social media site, that they never disclose personal information related to confidentiality and privacy, and that they never post any information they do not want to be used, published, copied and/or reprinted by others. ICON shall not be liable in any way for any losses or claims that arise from such information posted by users on ICON social media services. Moreover, proper disclosure must be provided whenever a social media user is given financial compensation or a free product in exchange for a post, and each time a previously sponsored product or service is included in a post.
ICON cannot guarantee that its social media accounts will function as expected in all circumstances. Sometimes disruptions or malfunctions are caused by technical or human errors. If errors are brought to ICON’s attention, we will try to correct them in a timely manner. Therefore, ICON accepts no responsibility with regard to such problems incurred as a result of using social media accounts or any linked external sites. Due to potential error occurrence, ICON disclaims any warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, as to any matter whatsoever relating to ICON social media accounts. Under no circumstances, shall ICON be liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of reliance on any information contained in or related to ICON accounts of social media services, networks or platforms.
ICON clearly states that social media actions such as ‘Like’, ‘Share’, ‘Reshare’ ‘Retweet’ are not an endorsement by ICON, and does not represent, support or guarantee the completeness, accuracy, timeliness, suitability or validity of any information contained. The social media accounts that ICON follows or has a connection to does not imply endorsement of any kind.
ICON does not moderate/monitor all user content, (e.g. comments or postings), and does not reply individually to messages or comments received on any of its social media accounts. ICON reserves the right to review, edit and/or delete any comments or messages considered to be inappropriate, inaccurate and/or not recommended. This content shall not be uploaded, posted or otherwise distributed or facilitated in distribution, therefore, once detected, it may be deleted or edited. Such unsuitable, inappropriate, inaccurate and/or not recommended issues include but are not limited to the following content:
• unlawful, fraudulent, deceptive, defamatory, abusive, violent, threatening, hateful, slanderous, mortifying, discriminatory, persecuting, insulting, harassing or bullying, sensitive or obscene, sexually oriented or tortious, self-harming, minor endangering, invasive of another’s privacy or humiliating to any other person or entity, and/or contain links to websites or platforms having such a content;
• having any illegal, unauthorised and misleading purpose; eg impersonating any person or entity; falsifiying the origin or source of material contained in content that is uploaded, posted or attached;
• which constitutes the selling or trading of any goods or services; initiates any controversial discussion about a particular company, brand name, product provider or organisation; knowingly infringes on any patent, trademark, copyright, or other proprietary right, unless owning or controlling the rights thereto or having received necessary consents;
• which constitutes unauthorised or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail, or any form of lottery or gambling, involvement in marketing/pyramid schemes, chain letters or unsolicited or undesired electronic information (spam); containing software viruses or any other computer code/files/programmes designed/intended to damage or limit the functioning of any software, hardware or communication equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorised access to any data.
For individuals writing or sharing undesirable, inappropriate and/or not recommended content, ICON reserves the right remove the content, to terminate involvement of and, where possible, restrict access of their account/s to its social media services without notice. ICON is not responsible for any failure or delay in removing such content.
English shall be the official language of any document or activity where more than one language is used. It is recommended that social media content does not contain profanity or bad grammar and punctuation which distracts from the meaning, and symbols, abbreviations, hashtags and other metadata tags must be properly used in order to not create confusion.
The use of online social networks by ICON does not imply endorsement of the social networking services and/or their privacy policies. Social network software and platforms may occasionally be unavailable and ICON accepts no responsibility for downtime or interruption of services.
Each social media channel has their own policy on the way they process personal data when accessing their sites, explaining their policy of data collection and processing; Facebook Policy, YouTube Policy, Twitter Policy, LinkedIn Policy, Instagram Policy, Google Policy, Pinterest Policy.
ICON does not assume, and hereby disclaims, any and all liability to any person or entity for any claims, damages, liability or other loss including, without limitation, any liability for injury or other damage resulting from reliance on ICON accounts of social media services, networks or platforms, or from the posting, assistance or transmission of any information, content or material on ICON accounts of social media services, networks or platforms, or any third party. By using ICON social media, users release ICON and its leadership, editors, members, and agents from and against any and all such liability. The terms of this disclaimer shall apply to the fullest permitted extent. ICON accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the information contained in or related to ICON social media accounts, services, networks or platforms.