For over 25 years, ICON has been a globally trusted partner for simulation-driven product engineering to world leading OEMs, emerging disruptors and suppliers. Our on-premise and cloud-based iconCFD® products and expert services deliver significant operational, commercial and competitive benefits for clients – faster, more accuracy, more flexibility, more scalability, greater capacity – all at substantially less cost than the big software vendors and conglomerates.
ICON can deliver huge savings in operational costs, design costs, wind tunnel/physical testing costs, prototyping costs, time to market, etc
ICON application expertise includes simulation of under-hood, under-body, brakes, radiators, fans, air intakes, heat shields, headlamps, air filters, exhausts, three-way catalytic converters, engine cooling.
ICON engineers are fully integrated into the working environment of the business through on-
site support activities. This ensures that a broad knowledge of the technical objective of the
analyses is also supported by experience of how new designs will be integrated within the
vehicle development process as a whole.
- Accurate control of cooling efficiency
- Identification of critical hot spots from engine bay through to exhaust line
- Inclusion of radiation effects, buoyancy and heat shields
- Key-off modelling (heat soak)
- Simplified fixed heat boundary condition
- Brake cooling with CHT and rotation but with static mesh (ICON BAF methods)
- Full CHT simulation including surface-to-surface radiation and dynamic mesh rotation