Aerospace External Aerodynamics
For over 25 years, ICON has been a globally trusted partner for simulation-driven product engineering to world-leading OEMs, emerging disruptors and suppliers. Our on-premise and cloud-based iconCFD® products and expert services deliver significant operational, commercial and competitive benefits for clients – faster, more accuracy, more flexibility, more scalability, greater capacity – all at substantially less cost than the big software vendors and conglomerates.
A preferred supplier to some of the largest Aeronautical manufacturers over the past 20 years, as well as governmental space organisations, ICON has delivered CAE simulations in many different areas of expertise spanning ice accretion simulation to design and optimisation of aircraft cabins, and rocket launchers external aerodynamics evaluation.
ICON engineers are fully integrated into the working environment of businesses through on-site support activities. This ensures that a broad knowledge of the technical objective of the
analyses is also supported by experience of how new designs will be integrated within the
aircraft development process as a whole.
- Aerodynamics force coefficients and centre of balance
- Contour of Mach number, pressure coefficient, yPlus, wall shear stress,Q-criterion, etc
- Frequency response analysis
- Reduced time to results with automatic meshing and streamlined simulation processes for highly complex geometries
- High accuracy and validation of CFD against experimental results