Front-end (or Full-Stack) Web Developer for 3D Scientific Applications.
Toulouse, France or Remote (EU, US) | Full time
For 30 years, ICON has been the globally trusted partner for computational fluid dynamics engineering applications. Our on-premise and cloud-based CFD products and expert services are better, faster, cheaper and easier than the big software conglomerates.
As a result, we offer OEMs, emerging disruptors and suppliers significant operational, commercial and competitive advantages – more accuracy, more speed, more flexibility, greater capacity and lower costs.
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated and capable Front-end or Full-Stack Web Developer for Scientific Applications to join the ICON Platform team (https://iconcfd.com/platform).
- Collaborate with our distributed R&D team as well as external collaborators and customers to design and implement new features for ICON Platform
- Translate scientific requirements of collaborators into technical and architectural application requirements
- Implement state-of-the-art 3D browser-based user interface for scientific simulations
- Participate in our team’s software quality assurance practices
- Good knowledge of the English language (written and spoken)
- Minimum 2 years in web development or equivalent amount of education and experience
- Strong knowledge of the modern browser programming environment
- Experience with 3D frameworks (VTKjs, Babylonjs, Threejs …), WebGPU, WebGL
- Knowledge of REST
- Experience with quality software process tools and methodologies, such as Git, continuous integration and automated testing
- Able to build secure web applications that protect against common attack vectors
- Keen sense of user interface aesthetics and ease-of-use
- Experience with Database Management Systems such as MongoDB
- Experience with WebAssembly
- Experience deploying software and/or managing jobs in High Performance Computer (HPC) environments
- Good knowledge of French, German or Japanese.
ICON is an equal opportunities employer.
Please email your CV and covering letter (max. file size 10Mb) to:
To apply for the position please use the form below.
"*" indicates required fields