Computational Fluid Dynamics for Vehicle Wading and Fording CFD simulation
iconCFD® is the cost-effective option for wading and fording CFD simulation incorporating your specific test procedure requirements. With industrially robust methodology for failure modes analysis, it’s based on rigid body motion for accurate prediction of water ingestion in critical vehicle parts. These include engine bay, bumper grille, cooling hood scoop, etc. at different depths of water and at different driving speeds.
Proven and practical
Developed with leading automotive engineers, complex, multi-physics solutions become quicker, easier and cheaper than ever before. Unlimited HPC-cores, parallel runs and CFD users saves you both time and money. Most importantly, it enables unrestricted, cost-effective exploration of ideas and possibilities in the early design phase.
What applications’ features?
- High-fidelity free surface simulation processes for wading based on rigid body motion in liquid surroundings
- Failure modes analysis: accurate prediction of water ingestion in critical vehicle parts e.g., cooling inlets, HVAC inlet, water sensitive parts in engine bay, etc
- Moving mesh capability involved e.g. accurate simulation of rotating wheels effect
- Productivity-focused user interface for complex scenario setup including morphing of entire suspension system, time-varying water depths, location of measurement points or surfaces to monitor water height or air-water interface, 3D animation of water impingement
- Photorealistic rendering for better insight
ICON offers many advantages:
- Industry proven, reliable and cost-efficient process optimization tools. These will help you to decrease commodity cost, enhance product consistency, improve manufacturing productivity and increase sustainability
- Able to handle multi-scale multi-physics complex geometries
- Automated design optimization processes to improve product/process efficiency, safety and durability – using Adjoint and integrated Design of Experiment (DoE) methods
- User friendly interface with capability of being adapted to match user expertise
- No requirement to be locked in to an expensive, long-term contract
In addition to software, we also provide CFD consulting, CFD training and CFD support services to help you resolve problems and increase independent capability.
ICON can help you deliver measurable improvements. Our mission is also to make CFD less complex and less expensive for you to use. With over 30 years’ experience and expertise, you can trust ICON to deliver.
Why not find out more?
In summary, ICON is a global expert and the preferred option for many in the automotive industry. We offer a viable alternative to the big software conglomerates that gives you more accuracy, more speed, more flexibility, greater capacity and lower costs. Get in touch and find out more.
Our on-premise and cloud-based CFD products and expert services deliver significant operational, commercial and competitive benefits for clients:
On-premise and cloud-based CFD products and expert services deliver significant operational, commercial and competitive advantages – fast, accurate, flexible, scalable and at substantially lower cost than the big software vendors and conglomerates.
- Global presence; offices in the UK/Europe, Americas and Asia
- 200+ people in broader group; 100+ of whom are CFD/CAE specialists
- The pioneers of unlimited, open source CFD technology for industry
- ICON engineers fully integrated into customers’ working environments
- A globally trusted, expert engineering partner to industry for over 30 years