Computational Fluid Dynamics for Urban Fluid Mechanics
The ability to accurately and quickly evaluate and predict urban fluid dynamics is critical for designers and engineers.
The great news is that iconCFD can help you do it better, faster, cheaper and easier. With unlimited HPC cores, parallel simulations and CFD users, huge savings in both time and money can be achieved.
Whether commercial, civil or government, our work with clients on urban fluid mechanics is often project based. As a result, you get just what you need for your project rather than all the expensive “bells and whistles” you don’t need. You can also do away with traditional, costly and lengthy wind tunnel scale model testing and proprietary simulation software; this has huge significance when it comes to building ensembles or even entire cities.
What Urban Fluid Mechanics applications are served?
- Airflow inside and around buildings including multiple wind directions
- Air velocity distribution on buildings, pedestrians, etc
- Building aerodynamics
- Hydraulic structure performance
- Natural and mechanical ventilation – solar radiation, stack ventilation and passive systems
- Rain deposition and management calculations and predictions using multi-flow Volume Of Flow (VOF) solvers
- Tunnel, car park and subway station modelling – moving train meshing included, for example
- Wind shading calculations between existing buildings and predictions from new ones
- Wind loading on buildings
In addition to CFD software, we provide CFD consulting, CFD training and CFD support services to help you resolve problems and increase independent capability.
As a leader in the delivery of unlimited CFD simulation for industry, ICON can help you analyse and deliver measurable urban fluid dynamics improvements. Our mission is also to make CFD less complex and less expensive for you to use. With over 30 years’ industry experience and expertise, you can certainly trust ICON to deliver.
Why not find out more?
In summary, ICON is the global expert and proven best choice for computational fluid dynamics design, construction and engineering applications. We offer a viable alternative to the big software conglomerates that gives you more accuracy, more speed, more flexibility, greater capacity and lower costs. Get in touch and find out more.
Our on-premise and cloud-based CFD products and expert services deliver significant operational, commercial and competitive benefits for clients:
On-premise and cloud-based CFD products and expert services deliver significant operational, commercial and competitive advantages – fast, accurate, flexible, scalable and at substantially lower cost than the big software vendors and conglomerates.
- Global presence; offices in the UK/Europe, Americas and Asia
- 200+ people in broader group; 100+ of whom are CFD/CAE specialists
- The pioneers of unlimited, open source CFD technology for industry
- ICON engineers fully integrated into customers’ working environments
- A globally trusted, expert engineering partner to industry for over 30 years