Global partner in the use of Computational Fluid Dynamics
If you’re looking to win the Formula Student (Formula SAE) competition, iconCFD® could provide the competitive edge you need.
It’s chosen as the better, faster, cheaper and easier alternative by engineering leaders in the automotive and motorsport sectors. We were the first to industrialise open source CFD for the automotive industry. Today, we are global experts with a proven record of helping motorsport teams to win.
The ICON Formula Student (Formula SAE) App gives you the ability to explore multiple options. For example: Ride height, side wall and bank angle, yaw, steer, roll, drag coefficient, brake cooling, down force, etc. It’s also easy to operate – you can start running simulations within just a few hours.
Our cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offering also reduces the investment required for in-house simulation infrastructure. We recognise this is often limited or difficult to access in university labs. This collaborative platform allows you to document and share progress and outcomes amongst your team at any time or location.
In summary, what could iconCFD® help your Formula Student (Formula SAE) team to do?
- Increase your capabilities, even your possibilities
- Explore multi-car design ideas and options, quicker and with more accuracy – flexible, unlimited scalability
- Enable and compare multi-physics and complex solutions – aerodynamics, thermal, etc
- Anticipate the possible effects of any changes, however small
- Provide better data, quicker to support your decision making
- Save huge amounts of time in the design and development process
- Make huge savings in operation, design, prototyping and testing costs
So, if you’re looking for a competitive edge, choose iconCFD®
Our on-premise and cloud-based CFD products and expert services deliver significant operational, commercial and competitive benefits for clients:
On-premise and cloud-based CFD products and expert services deliver significant operational, commercial and competitive advantages – fast, accurate, flexible, scalable and at substantially lower cost than the big software vendors and conglomerates.
- Global presence; offices in the UK/Europe, Americas and Asia
- 200+ people in broader group; 100+ of whom are CFD/CAE specialists
- The pioneers of unlimited, open source CFD technology for industry
- ICON engineers fully integrated into customers’ working environments
- A globally trusted, expert engineering partner to industry for over 30 years