Applications of ICON World-Leading Products and Expert Services
Computational Fluid Dynamics in Building HVAC design and improvement
Huge amounts of time and money can be saved in effective building ventilation analysis through modelling using iconCFD software products and expert engineering services.
Traditional, costly and lengthy methods such as wind tunnel scale model testing can be supplemented or replaced. Investigation and improvement of ventilation system efficiency, verification of comfort conditions, predicting thermal transport etc are quicker, cheaper and easier.
Our Apps can also simulate and predict the distribution of moisture content and relative humidity, conjugate heat transfer (CHT) as well as indices such as the Predicted Mean Vote (PMV) and Predicted Percentage of Dissatisfied (PPD), used to determine occupant thermal comfort and indoor air quality. All can affect energy consumption and therefore cost.
What building ventilation applications are served?
- Airflow inside and around buildings
- Air conditioning – heating/cooling
- Air velocity distribution
- Air change efficiency (age of room air)
- Energy efficiency
- Fire hazards – smoke migration
- Humidity levels
- Natural and mechanical ventilation – solar radiation, stack ventilation and passive systems
- Pollutants – concentration and removal
- Temperature distribution
- Tunnel, car park and subway station modelling – moving train meshing included, for example
- Virus transmission and dispersion (Airborne Transmission and Aerosol Dispersion – COVID-19)
We also provide CFD consulting, CFD training and CFD support services to help you resolve problems and increase independent capability.
As a leader in the delivery of unlimited CFD simulation for industry, ICON can help you analyse and deliver measurable HVAC improvements. Our mission is to make CFD less complex and less expensive for you to use. With over 30 years’ experience, you can trust ICON to deliver.
Why not find out more?
In summary, ICON is the global expert and proven best choice for computational fluid dynamics design, construction and engineering applications. We offer a viable alternative to the big software conglomerates that gives you more accuracy, more speed, more flexibility, greater capacity and lower costs. Get in touch and find out more.
Our on-premise and cloud-based CFD products and expert services deliver significant operational, commercial and competitive benefits for clients:
On-premise and cloud-based CFD products and expert services deliver significant operational, commercial and competitive advantages – fast, accurate, flexible, scalable and at substantially lower cost than the big software vendors and conglomerates.
- Global presence; offices in the UK/Europe, Americas and Asia
- 200+ people in broader group; 100+ of whom are CFD/CAE specialists
- The pioneers of unlimited, open source CFD technology for industry
- ICON engineers fully integrated into customers’ working environments
- A globally trusted, expert engineering partner to industry for over 30 years