ICON offers user, programming and custom training in the usage of OpenFOAM® CFD toolkit. The training consists of lectures and hands-on tutorials. To ensure the professional quality of the training, the tutors are experienced developers and application engineers who use OpenFOAM in their daily work.
For further information on scheduled trainings, visit our training website at OpenSourceCFD.com.
The OpenFOAM Introductory User Training course is aimed at CFD engineers with little or no experience in the use of OpenFOAM. The objectives of the 2 day training are to:
- Introduce and provide an overview of the OpenFOAM software toolkit
- Oversee trainees performing the tutorial cases
- Provide guidance on setup of trainees own case(s)
- Present an introduction to OpenFOAM application programming interface (API)
- Introduce C++ within the OpenFOAM context
- Explore the OpenFOAM code structure and commonly used classes
- Analyse, modify and create basic solvers and utilities
- Understand and customise basic OpenFOAM libraries
New dates for Introductory Programming Training in OpenFOAM® technology in the UK, Germany and Austria are available now!
OpenFOAM Custom Training consists of 1 day courses designed to focus on specific topics of customer interest. Examples of possible courses include:
- OpenFOAM and automatic optimisation
- Aero-Acoustic prediction with OpenFOAM
- Underhood thermal management with OpenFOAM
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning with OpenFOAM